Discovery is the essence of all Mukul’s activities, whether you’re miles deep into pristine rainforest or deep into a trance in the steam of a spa.
Land & Sea Adventures
- Nature Walks: Accompany our knowledgeable naturalists to explore the rich nature wildlife of Mukul, including the Sea Turtle Conservation program that is trying to re-populate the regions turtles such as the endangered Olive Ridley Sea Turtles and Leatherback Sea Turtles that nest on our beaches.
- Nature Trail Hikes: Looking for something a little more challenging? Join our rangers along our nature hikes; we will take you to the areas highest points where the reward is 360° panoramas with views spanning to the very edges of the country.
- Manzanillo Beach: Stretch out and walk our breathtaking shoreline that stretches for two kilometers. The spectacle of the surfers catching waves and the sound of the waves crashing will be sure to make every morning special.
- Anciana Island: Set off to Guacalito Beach to witness the beauty of this island, which populates many Pelicans and Frigate Birds and provides a wave free shoreline, perfect for a swim or snorkel.
- Tamarindo Beach: Visit one of the most private beaches in the world, found here at the southern end of Mukul with hallmark cliffs and white sand.
- Bird watch: With a fantastic array of avian life, Guacalito de la Isla is a bird watchers dream. Join us for an early morning walk and see how many species call this area home, from the majestic national bird, the Motmot to the beautiful White Breasted Magpie-J.
- Surf: Take advantage of the world class waves that our beach and surrounding coastline have to offer and learn to become one with the ocean. Our experienced instructors will guide you towards catching your first waves and make the experience unforgettable.
- Fishing: Enjoy a half day or full day of fishing in the fabulous Pacific Ocean. Depending on the season, fish targeted include Sailfish, Marlin, Yellow-Fin Tuna, Wahoo, Rooster Fish, Spanish mackerel, Jack Crevalle, Dorado, Red Snapper and more.
- Marine Dock: Soon to come. From this eco-sensitive marine dock, launch into unique water activities such as whale-watching, fishing and underwater photography.
- The Spa at Mukul: Escape to all six distinctive Spa suites and indulge your senses with world-class treatments.
- Guacalito Golf Course: Swing away on the country’s finest 18-hole course designed by David McLay Kidd.
- Mukul Beach Club: Find tropical bliss in the heart of our resort at the split-level bar and lounge, Palapa-shaded beach terrace, barefoot dining in Parilla and La Mesa restaurant.
- Beach Picnics: Everyone loves a picnic on the beach. Let us take care of the details and enjoy a beautiful picnic, with full service, beverages and 3 different menus to choose from. All you need to share the breathtaking scenery of the Emerald Coast with the people you love the most is here
- Watersports Casita: Dive right into ocean action with surfboards, paddleboards, snorkel gear, kayaks and water toys.
- Rum Tasting Flor de Caña: Schedule a Rum tasting to learn about the unique process used to slow age this fine Rum and why Flor De Caña is a Nicaraguan Legacy.
- Yoga: For those seeking engaged wellness, find wellbeing and balance in our weekly yoga classes. Our experienced instructors are available for scheduled daily sessions.
- Snorkel: A great way to explore the abundant ocean life surrounding Mukul, snorkel the beautiful reefs of Guacalito beach will surely be an unforgettable experience. With many ways of getting to this fantastic unwater viewing spot; it is up to you whether you want to approach by land or sea. Our goal is to make the experience a special one.